Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Wow.......

What to say. Kind of been a bad week so far and it's only Tuesday night. Our company has decided to do a little more "down sizing"....due to lack of sales and releases. I had a list of 28 people given to me this morning of people that are going to be layed off. Yea, they can opt to take production positions....or they can stay layed off..maximum of 6 months then the job terminates. A lot of the people are indirect labor. Thanking God that I am no longer in the department I was in 6 months ago or I'd been one of them out the door. Ray had to get rid of 4 people in his area. 3 computer techs and 1 accounting person. There is no longer an Accounts Receivable spot. Too weird if you ask me. Several toolroom guys, a customer service rep, 2 engineering services guys (which is Am's department), our receptionist (which is my department and a complete shock to us all) and a handful of production people in the Palmyra facility. As far as Am....he is fine.........and won't have to go to 3-11 or 11-7. And for myself, I guess I'm safe...for now. I have the gut feeling that if HR has to cut back again, I'm the one going. Several people that have been there many years have been given lay off. One guy for instance, has been there over 36 years..........and a couple shop floor guys...have to go to 3-11 and they've been there over 20 years. It sucks...it really does. I count my lucky stars that neither my husband or I got the shaft. At least not this round. I hope to God it's over with......I'm debating what the heck to do.............I mean, I've been riding this up and down industrial wave of ownership/downsizing for several years.....it has to stop sometime.

Update on the old psycho bitch cow. She's alive and well. Am found her MOnday night. I was bowling on league and she was fine...........I still say that for some reason she was just po'd that I was there. We threw her some corn tonight. I stayed on the other side of the fence. She was in the brush, hiding.

That is pretty much it. I don't have much upbeat stories for you. And to top it off, the Cardinals are getting skunked tonight......

Check Out Blinkyou.com for thousands of custom glitters and layouts

No comments: