Sometimes I really wonder why we love animals. But we do and that's all there is to it. Last night, after we went to bed, I was woken up by my oh so dear husband. I didn't even know he'd gotten up - so that tells you that I had just gotten into that deep sleep area (or near). Anyhow, he'd flipped on the lights in the living room and asked if I was awake, because my cat was outside and he needed help getting her in. For those of you who read this (hopefuly there is more than just my loyal Susie!!!) and don't know, MY CAT - Nala - is my baby and has been for 11 and 1/2 years!!!!!! She's strictly an inside cat, declawed and thrives to get outside whenever she gets a chance. Since we got Rudy, the dog, a month ago, there is no more "cats at large" anymore. He chases and catches. Anyhow.......for "man reasons" for him to even GO OUTSIDE AT 11:00 AT NIGHT.......(grrrr don't even start me on that one), is because she got out. He went out, and as he opened the door to come back in, she darted out before he knew what happened. Needless to say....off she ran with Rudy right at her. SHe did manage to get up the Cleveland Pear tree but she was only like head high - so pretty easy to reach. HOWEVER..............when I walked outside, it sounded like a flipping jungle. Such comotion and howling and screeching from that damn cat...............she was litterally freaked out. I talked nice to her trying to soothe her with my voice....only to make her worse, I do believe. I reached up just to pet her and she laid into me like she was starved and I was a piece of meat. Am threw me the gloves (he was on dog patrol, holding the dog down at this point). I put on the gloves (thin jersey gloves) and she just kept biting me. The little b*tch bit me numerous times with me NOT getting her down. I finally thew off the gloves, went to the house and grabbed a large bath towel, in hopes to get her butt captured with my hands in tact. (Keep in mind....no claws...this was a biting competition for her). I managed to throw the towel over her and scoop her up, which again, freaked her out......but once I soothed her and ran her into the house, she calmed down and went straight to the bedroom. ME, on the other hand, started freaking out because my hands were shaking, were in pain, and was bleeding all over myself. I ran them under cold water...as they throbbed more. Of course I couldn't help but to cry...which made Am upset. He apologized several time.....me biting my tongue about going outside to freaking begin with; I just told him it was not his fault and I would be fine. I kept running the cold water and then took 4 ibuprofen and Am put bandaides on me. I decided to get out my frozen gel pack and just held it between both hands most of the night as I have bites on both hands. Mostly my 2 thumbs. To top it off, I couldn't sleep; 1 because my thumb throbbed 2 I had been bawling and my nose was stuffed so I couldn't breathe!!!! ANyhow........I counted them up this morning. 6. Yes, SIX bite marks....with 2 holes each..making 12 holes. The little rip bit me SIX FREAKIN TIMES. One has been extremely sore and red all day. Due to the fact that I'm a diabetic and have never been bitten by anything more than chiggars or mosquitos, that many times, I called Dr. Zimmerman's office to make an inquiry. And, as expected, he wanted to look at the bites. Mainly, because of the fact that diabetes plays with infection. (just what I figured and was why I called them) ANyhow, I ended up getting a Tetanus shot and some antibiotics as a precautionary measure just in case she DID carry something. Cats are notorios for their "infectious saliva". Did you know that 80% of all cat bites become infected? Throw diabetes on top of that and you have a problem. Diabetes and infection is like mixing oil and water. I was also instructed to soak my hands in warm salt water. I did that w/ my dish water! LOL I dumped in a bunch of salt...soaked them about 10 minutes then added my Dawn!!! We'll see if the food's a bit salty tomorrow.......i doubt it will be.
ANyhow....thats the excitement back here on good ol Ponderosa Trail. Sorry you missed it! LMAO Good night and as always, thanks for reading!



1 comment:
You are a gifted story teller! Oh, I do feel bad about you getting all those bites, but that was the funniest story! I sat in here laughing so much it brought Dennis in to find out what's so funny! I do hope you don't get infection though!
Post a Comment