Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Dog Days of Summer.......

....have returned and I hate it. Not that I'm out working in it or anything...lol.
Mercy...the heat wave has returned today. I'm thinking that today is much hotter than it was for the past 2 weeks - but it might be because we've had a 3 day break and it feels hotter. Actually, I think it really is hotter. The humidity doesn't seem as high but the temps are way up there. Currently, on my desktop weather, it is showing 98*. I checked the temp about an hour ago in the garage and it was 103*. THAT'S HOT!!!!!
We've been inside most of the day. We went to church and haven't done much else. I fixed "breakfast" for lunch. We normally have a breakfast for lunch on Sunday's. And the internet has been our friend this afternoon. I finally gave it up and went to the bedroom and read. I'm in the process of reading a book entitled "Marley and me". It's about a couple and the dog they bought. He's a bad dog. One of those can't train, over-rambunctios, bothersome kinds!!! It's a pretty good book. I wanted it about 3 months ago but I wasn't going to buy it at the hard cover price. The other day, at Walden's, it was on sale....30% off and if you become a book member or something like that, you get an additional 10% off also. SOLD!!!!
Well..........I really don't know much else. I'm boring you to tears, I'm sure. I guess I'll go check to see if the cats are still alive out in the garage. "Baby" has not been around since Thursday night so I'm a bit concerned. Marble (the mom) and Princess were gone as well, but they both appeared this morning. But Baby is my favorite kitty. Damn dog!!! :)

Stay cool and thanks for reading!! Cardinals won again!! wooo hoooo Maybe their losing streak is over! *I sure hope so!


1 comment:

Susie Schulte said...

I read Marley and Me just about three weeks ago! I liked it. It was funny sometimes, and sad sometimes. I was outside from mid afternoon on cutting brush. What was I thinking!!!! Man! I soaked my clothes, sweat ran down my legs and soaked my socks, filled up my shoes with sweat so it was slippery walking...should have done that yesterday! It was much nicer yesterday. I sure hope Dennis is in town getting me some Pistachio Almond ice cream!