Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday Evening Post......Hays style

Do you like that title????? LOL

Well...I guess this is going to be a cow rendition of the post. I got some pictures back and of course there are cow pictures! When one has no children to take snap shots of, you resort to the next live creature around you!!!!!!! This top picture is my favorite ol cow. Her name is "Momma". She is very very gentle. She always has a "nice" calf. And very easy to tame. 2 years ago, she was the mother of "Toby" and I HATED seeing him leave........ last year, she was the mother of "Pete" (named after Am's dad of course). He, too, was an awesome calf. Hard to watch them leave when you get so attached to them....at least for me anyhow!! Am sees $$$$$ I think! haha This year, her calf is tame also. I named him "Tiny" because he was soooo little when he was born. Much smaller than she usually has. On the night this picture was taken, we'd taken some corn stalks from the garden down to the lot. They were enjoying it very much. "Momma" especially! She shook and shook and shook that stalk several times!!!! It was funny. You know how a cat plays w/ a mouse before eating it....well, she was shaking that stalk up & down before devouring it!!!!!!!!

This is a picture of "Carmel". (named for the color, of course) She belongs to "the psycho bitch cow". She is kinda shy but friendly, unlike her mother who is just plain NUTS!!!!!! In this photo from a couple weeks ago, she was bawling. The mother was no where near and she was just calling for her I guess. Just like a kid would do if they were lost from their mom. Funny how animals and people have the same kind of concept on certain things....like ways in life for instance.

Well...after 2 trips to the pastures today, the ol' psycho bitch cow is still unseen. On another note, the calves were playful this evening. I always name most of them; some are nameless though. Anyhow, last fall, Am bought 5 cows from my mom and I decided that the first "bull calf" born from them would be named ROSS! Well...Ross is a scared, slinky, skittish lil guy. He never lets ya come up to him or anything. Alway curious, but stays well away. Tonight, for some reason, he was the complete opposite! He wanted to play but he was a little more aggressive than I thought he needed to be. We both messed w/ him as well as Rudy. It was kinda fun. Carmel - on the otherhand - is still shy.

I really don't have anything to report. I know you could care less about the cows.......but you know that's part of our life!! We didn't get much rain. 4 tenths in the raingage this morning and that still stands as the total.

Did you people know (or realize) that right now is the beginning of the butterfly migration enroute to Mexico? I don't know if you have noticed where you live, but we have noticed more butterflies the past few days. Take a look and watch that for the next few weeks. There should be more Monarchs that will come thru in September. There's a few websites that will actually show the route and where they currently are. This is one I was looking at a little bit ago.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/monarch/FallMigration2006SL.html

Well.....I think thats it. I've bored you long enough!!! Good night and have a good weekend - whats left of it!

No comments: