Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 18, 2006

Lightening show....

Well, as I type this, we're having a storm! So...who knows if I'll get this posted or not. It's been raining for a little bit but not real hard. The lightening and thunder is what we're getting a lot of right now. Ralls County (which is us) is the only county right now under a warning. Whooppee
My friend, Beth, and family are camping this weekend. If it means storms the whole weekend, I vote for them to camp more often so it'll rain! LOL (sorry Beth)

GOOOOOO ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!!! They beat the Cubs today! CUBS SUCK @&&!!!!!!!
I hate hate hate the Cubs.


Which brings me to only ONE story, now that I think of it. When I was a kid...let's say 10-16, my Uncle Bob and I had this rival. Every Cardinals/Cubs series, we would make a "bet". Back in those days, I was totally intrigued with the 7-Eleven store's BIG GULP! Uncle Bob had one pretty often and mom would never let me get one. Too much soda and I was just a kid. Anyhow, and I don't remember who started this betting thing...probably UB actually!!!LOL We bet the best, 2 out of 3 on the series - looser had to buy the winner a Big Gulp from 7Eleven. So after that point, it was just a standard rule whenever they played! I always found great joy to call him the night before and say "We gonna bet on that Big Gulp?" and I can still remember his laugh.......... (Rusty/Tena, I'm sure you can too......) He would always get SUCH A CHARGE out of the times when IIIII had to buy his!! I usually would "pay up" the following Sunday after church. We ALWAYS went to Aunt Judy/Uncle Bob's house after church. I'll never forget that old house on Timea street...I spent a LOT of time there growing up. Anyhow......on those times I lost the series, mom would stop at 7Eleven, I'd go in and buy a B-G filled full of Coke (the ONLY soda our family would drink) and then we'd drive a few short blocks to their house.......and as soon as we walked up the steps, thru the patio and into the door that went to the kitchen, there he'd be sitting-at the table.....with that huge sh*t eating grin on his face.....twirling his handle-bar mustache....and then he'd burst out in that laugh that could never be forgotten. What a memory!!!!!!!!! :) * really miss my Uncle Bob.............they don't get any better than that ol' boy*

OK....that is a sign that I am getting OLD!!! When ya start telling stories of "I remember when...blah blah blah"....that means you're starting another phase of the aging process! LOL
Anyhow.........to get on w/ the posting...Go Cards....and have a nice evening. Thanks for reading




p.s. since my original posting, Ambrose checked the rain gage and we have a half inch of rain! Yaaaay. I'm sure some areas are getting more, but we'll take whatever God wants to give us!

1 comment:

Susie Schulte said...

I know as a "newlywed" you have no need of marital counseling, but UB was certainly a good one for that! He gave Dennis some free counseling and I'll never forget it!