Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Walkin in the nature........





Well......I took my walk right after supper tonight and took the camera with me. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. First picture (to the left) is of the ONLY rose that survived that last hard freeze we had at the beginning of April :( This particular one is a real deep red and is called "Mr. Lincoln" We got it and a yellow one (Twenty first Century) with a gift certificate from some friends when my dad died. So I'm sad that the yellow one did not survive. [nor did our pink one, red/white one, or the coral one] We did plant 2 new ones out back this spring. A couple friends gave me 2 rose bushes when grandma passed away in March. I always take pictures of all of our flowers..........so hope you don't get sick of flower pics!! LOL



As I jaunt on down the road, minding my own business, walking brisk and jamming out to my headphones.......I am getting SWOOPED by some hacked off red-wing blackbird. I guess the dumb thing must have a nest or something but for the love of God, man, I was just walking down the road. I don't know how many times the stupid thing nose-dived me. I even had my arms up and crouched down a time or two...I was just hoping not to get pecked too death (or crapped on...lol) But I survived. Stupid bird.......................




Next, it was on down the road......the multi-floral roses (pain in the @$$) are starting to bloom. I think they are pretty in the sense that they add "character and color" to a hum-drum ol' fence line!!!! Am hates them and they really don't serve much of a purpose other than being a nuisance in a pasture, fence row or anywhere else that they are......however, who can tell me that this little pink blossom is not pretty in some kind of way. Well? Who? I decided I should have picked a better one as there is a "bite" off of that far right petal. Some toxic bug probably - or it could have been that killer red-wing black bird. Maybe the bird pecked that part off! LOL


I believe that this last picture simply speaks for itself.
Isn't it amazing to see the creations on Earth? From wild flowers that we did not plant to a swooping "killer" bird......to this.....the beauty of the sky above.
They say that a picture speaks louder than words.......
This one speaks more than that I thought. It was a view on my walk that I could not pass up a good shot of.

Have a good rest of the week. Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!!

Good night...................and sleepy good!!! :)




4 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

LOL! That red-wing blackbird story is great! I only wish you'd have taken a picture of him (her?) swooping you! The rose that survived is beautiful! I'm one hundred percent in agreement with Am on the multi-flora roses! Did you know that they were brought over here (imported) for the purpose of making fence rows? Have you ever tried walking through them? The genius that brought those horrible plants to the USA should have been dragged through them, loaded on a boat, and sent back to the country from which he came! I HATE those things! Oh, my....you really got me started with that, didn't you? Enough!
We're coming to the big Monroe City parade tomorrow! I'll call when we get to town.

Heidikins said...

LOL......I DID try to take a picture but it didn't turn out!!! I'm sure that the people "up above" got a kick out of that one!!

I'm excited about the big parade today. I hope the weather holds off. The map looks ok for now but the sun isn't coming out like it normally is at this time of morning. We'll see I guess. Clouds are fine just no rain until the celebration is over! I have a date with the kettle korn man! LOL I hated that stuff a few years ago and now....it's the bomb!!!

Susie Schulte said...

LOL! Maybe you will also learn to like PEAS and Lima Beans!
It's a beautiful sunny Sunday morning with nary a cloud in sight so far! May it continue!

Heidikins said...

OMG - what a comic you are....to think that I might learn to like PEAS and Lima beans. HA. Not a chance...... my gag reflex is working quite well just thinking about it.....

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW