Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cinco de Mayo Saturday

Well......I guess I have returned. I have, over the course of the past few weeks, attempted to update my blog several times but just didn't get it done. My last post was about the St. Louis Cardinals pitcher who was killed in an auto accident. How tragic. On the other side.....it just makes me sooo mad to know the contributing factor of the whole deal. He was 2x over the legal alcohol limit. What a moron. The thing that irritates me the MOST is all of the young kids around the world that idolize and look up to these ball players. It's no wonder there is an increasing drug/alcohol problem in people at a younger age. OK...enough on that.
{by the way....as I write this, StL is getting CREAMED 8 to 0...gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh} no big surprise there, now is it!


Well I have an update on the kittens. Marble's litter is 5 weeks old today...and they are growing like weeds. I have to tell you that I have decided NOT to bring "Chance" in as the new house cat. He meows all the time!!! He doesn't have "the" personality. Nala, as some of you know, was the kitten/cat from hell and I don't particularly want that again. LOL Anyhow......the black one with wisps of peach/cream on it has turned out to be "the one"! She won my heart over a week ago. She just sat there looking at me with her huge eyes and never peeped out a mew!!!! She then became the first one to the edge of their area when I came in. I do believe she's going to be long hair. She's very very silky soft (more so than the rest) SO....since she seems to be the most quiet and most loveable.....I've chosen her as the indoor kitty. Her name is...........Gracie! (Gracie Mae if you want her whole name lol) I brought her in after lunch today....and she ended up curling up and taking a nap under my chin. She's the sweetest little thing. She purred and purred and then got into that "pawing thing" [kneeding] on my fACE and started licking/biting my chin. grrrr. I just told her NO. Am laughed and said "bite her, kitty". :( We have also rigged up a "pen" if you will for them all out in the garage. They were starting to wander around on the top shelf where they were....so we moved some junk and make a pen for them on the concrete with bedding. We also put Rastas (the black/white momma) in with them. I call it our nursery! I mean, it IS! There are NINE,,,yes nine.....kittens in there!!! OK...enough about cats!!! :)

Spring is here - or is it!? I hate hearing of all the tornadic activity in OK and KS last night and doesn't sound as if it's over yet. Quite a cell still ambushing out there. I wish the sun would come out. It's been dreary/dismal alll week!!!! I was finally able to take my walk last night. First night since Monday. We noticed that the Wrens are back. They came back a couple weeks ago. It's always nice to hear those......at least for awhile. Sometimes it seems as though they never take a break!!!!! Also heard some Mocking Birds and yesterday morning early, I did hear a Cat bird.

Well....today is Cinco de Mayo..........and I'm going to make a new recipe tonight for supper. It's off of the weight watchers website and it's a chicken casserole. I got mad at Am last night for never telling me what he'd like to have for supper. He mentioned that he doesn't care and, 'that's your problem'...meaning it's my problem to figure it out and not his. Wellll well well..guess what? Tonight is Mexican night in celebration of "the 5th of May" {cinco de mayo}and he doesn't like mexican! Guess it's going to be his problem to find something ELSE to eat, huh!??? :) You'd thought he would figure it out...when I showed him the mini-bottle of margaritas I got for later on. Since the chicken is thawing...he just thinks we're having chicken! HAHAHAHAHA

Pictures to come soon.....I'm going to break down and buy a digital camera in the next few weeks!!

Have a good weekend




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see a new post! Been waiting a long time! Sounds like little Gracie Mae is going to be one fine house cat....as long as it doesn't go to her head. She might discover that she's special and develop a "cattitude". Hope you enjoy your cinco de mayo celebration. Go easy on those tiny little margaritas....they're surely not on the WW program! LOL!

Heidikins said...

hehe......There are only 4 of them! And they are "smaller" than a wine cooler (with more kick of course) So......we'll plan on just having 1 - but might have to each have 2!!!! My supper will only be 6 points and I'm guessing that those little drinks are about 3??? guestimate only. Right now I have 19 points left for the day!!

You can sleep now that I posted finally! LOL