Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Budweiser Clydesdales? In Monroe????? Are you SERIOUS???!!!!!

Well.....they are here!!! The real live Bud Clydesdales!!! What on earth for you ask??? Well, this weekend, June 1-3, is the Sesquicentenial celebration of Monroe City. {that's 150 years for those of you who have no idea what that means!! LOL} Anyhow, Golden Eagle Distributors of Hannibal arranged to get the horses here for the occasion. It takes a mighty pretty penny for that I'm thinkin and a pretty special occasion. My friend Dee, who works at GED, told me 2 weeks ago that for the horse's tent alone, was $16,000!! Yes....that says sixteen THOUSAND!!! Whew!!! They are pretty dang special! I have attached pictures of the tent, the semi and a couple of the horses. I didn't take much....but I'll have more this weekend I'm sure. There is supposed to be a parade Saturday......I think that will be neat - to see them pulling "the wagon".


Take note of the tent picture.....Mom and I found it funny that they are parked - like 5 or 6 Budweiser Clydesdales semi's.....in one of the church parking lots!! LOL


Enjoy - oh, and also.......The picture of Gracie.............I found her there this morning when I got out of the shower! She's adapting VERY well VERY soon. hehe



P.S. Mom was not here for the horses...haha.......we had been in Columbia for a dr. appt!!!!



Good night and have a good remaining week!!!!

2 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

WOW! Maybe...just maybe...we'll find our way to Monroe City for the celebration! I sure am glad you got that digital camera!!!!

Heidikins said...

I am glad too!!!

Lemme know if you're coming down! Call my cell - I can meet you or you can come to my house or something!!! :) yaaay - something to maybe...just maybe look forward to!!!