Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

First of all......Happy Mother's Day weekend! Not only to my own mother (I love you mom) but also to all of my "mom" readers!!!!!! The weather is promising to be WONDERFUL!!!
Ambrose and I are going "North" and we're taking mom out to eat at the bestest place of all!! Hotel Nauvoo!! So much for watching what I eat!! lol Oh well - it's only for one day. Speaking of eating and weight..... I passed my 20# goal when I weighed in on Tuesday night!!! Yayyyy! As of Tuesday, I have lost 21.6 pounds since my first weigh in on January 9th. SO, that is an average of 5.4 pounds a month!!! Not too shabby I must say!! My new goal is a small one - 12 pounds -because I do need (and want) to take off more but felt that it may be easier to work at it in smaller increments! So anyhow, I was so very happy!!!!! I still am not sure what my ultimate goal will be. I'll wait a while. Once I meet that, I can become a "life time member" and if I maintain my weight and not go over 2 pounds heavier than that goal weight...all the meetings would be free!!! That would be good!


Let's see........what else was I going to post? Hmmmm I'm not remembering right off the bat so it evidently was not THAT earth shattering!

The kitties are now at "free roam" in the garage. The little escape artists broke out of their pen area yesterday! lol So Am let them out and rigged up something so they can't get thru the gates at the doors. We only have the garage gated up so that the dog can't get to them. My fear will be for Gracie to get out....and Rudy get ahold of her. Then what. She's too little and 'dumb' to come in the house full time just yet. Plus, Marble hasn't started weaning them. They are 6 weeks old today and just the cutest things!!!! They are loud!! You should hear them all.......9 kittens.....and 5 adult cats.....when I take TWO PLATES (yes...now 2) of softened kitten chow to the babies. I talk to them in a high pitch voice and they all... "sing" as I call it!! It's kinda commical. Six of them will eat food now....but the other 3 still have no interest. I'm sure they will in time. And will probably become the biggest eaters. Not sure how they can be bigger than Gracie (she's the biggest hog), Sassy and the grey one.

Well....not sure what is on tap for today. I'm actually in my robe still. I slept in this morning until 7:30!!!! Am went to work at 6 but I slept in. I didnt' sleep the greatest last night and I also had a headache most of the night so I took advantage of no one here and quiet in the morning!! Used to be that 7:30 was getting up EARLY! lol I need to go to town before noon to the bank and I'll probably wash my car - it's filthy. Speaking of cars - gas jumped 14 cents yesterday from 2.95 to 3.09. Lord only knows what it did overnight. Isn't that ridiculous? Sally called me last night and I think she said that gas in Burlington was 3.19. That is just nuts...and it really hacks me off!!

Well...I think I'll go shower up and start my piddling around for the day. Have a great day and again, Happy Mothers Day to all of you ladies!!!!!



2 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

Do you remember when gas was twenty cents per gallon? No...you wouldn't, but I'd bet you have heard about that from some of your aged friends or family members! I can remember when $2 would keep my car running for a week! I don't think we'll ever see gas under $2 per gallon again. I guess I'll just be thankful that I can still manage to fill my tank and go where I want to go....so far!
By my count (correct me if I'm wrong) you now have 14 cats?!! You're running a regular "cathouse" down there! LOL!!!
I know you'll have a wonderful day tomorrow....I'll be thinking of you.

Heidikins said...

Well...actually there are more!! Squeak has one kitten that I can find and not sure if that is all or not. Miss Patches - well she did have her kittens - but WHERE, is the question!!! And now Princess is as big as a whale. She's the only "kitten" left from last spring.......
SO in a way...yea it's a regular cathouse!!!!! lol you're funny