Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another party here and gone.....

Wow!! What a grand time we had!!!! I'm sorry for those who had been invited numerous times over the past 10 years that declined to become part of the "Coralville Girls"...........because we always have a good time whenever we get together. We pretty much have 2 get togethers per year.....our shopping trip in November and the St. Patrick's Day party. This was our 2nd annual party. It was pretty cool that our first year happen to land right on March 17th!!! Oh well. We just pretended that Saturday was the actual day again!!!

Mom and I made the venture (in near blizzard conditions, mind you....BOYYYY) and got to Sally's shortly after 12:00. Behind us were Aunt Judy and Sis. We started the party by congregating in the kitchen [surprise surprise] and then we got all of our food together and ready to distribute!!!! There was a spread big enough to feed 2 families!!!!!!!!!!! We had taco salad, taco dip, veggie pizza, artichoke dip, reuben dip, Harry & David's pepper relish dip, a veggie tray, cake, bars, layered dessert, cookies, green punch..........and I'm SURE that I have accidentally left something out!!! You know how we are when it comes to food!! It was all very very tasty and I can't tell you how much mom's reuben dip ROCKS!!! I think I ate half of it if you count the amount I ate at Sally's and then the amount I ate that night at mom's. It's a wonder that my intestines just didn't EXPLODE by bedtime! LOL LOL LOL





As you can see, we had a good time!!! Aunt Judy "regifted" the big surprise bag that she won last year!!! Kathy was the lucky recipient this year!!! You could probably tell by the look on her face, that the "blarney repellent" doesn't exactly smell like a rose garden LOL At the end of the sha-bang, Sally had one little surprise gift. She handed out an Irish seek-a-word puzzle and whoever had the most circled by the end of the 2 minutes - won the prize. WELLLL.......I'm sure you have no doubt who won that prize! :) Yes, that would be me! The gift is cute little white picture frame and it has a shamrock vine on it! It's sooo cute! THANKS SALLY!! She also made and gave everyone a little St. Patricks bracelet. The kiddo's had a good time too. And little Calvin (Golda's new baby) was able to come to his very first St. Pat's party!! He's soooo adorable! Landon is getting so big! Of course, so is Bo, Andrew and Katie. And Emily----if she's not the biggest "HAM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well....I hope that our missing link of the official group gets to attend next time. Susie...see what you missed!?? I do hope, however, that you had a good day with your Aunt and that you got the book done!!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked "reliving" the St. Patty's party through your blog. Nice job. I really had a great time and enjoyed having you for the weekend.

Susie Schulte said...

Thanks so much for the excellent coverage of the party. I knew it would be a great time. The slide show is wonderful. Almost felt like I was there.
We did have a good day here working on the book, but didn't get it finished. So, they'll have to come back again. We went through about 200 pictures, and have just 5 pages left to finish up, but it was just getting too late!
I'm surprised that your mom could drive wearing those huge glasses!
I'm having some really serious computer problems. For the past week, our high speed service has been anything but high speed. In trying to get it back to normal, I think I've lost some important programs. I'm so aggravated and frustrated with the whole computer business! No doubt I'll be spending all my time tomorrow between bus runs on the phone with Mujibar!

Heidikins said...

LOL She only wore the classes on the gravel road to Sally's lane and then up her lane.

Sorry about the 'puter problems. I hate it when that happens. There's been times when I wanted to toss ours over the fence on the next train coming...but here I am!!!!

We missed you!!!!!!!!!!

Madam Cardoza said...

WOW!! What a neat slide show. Do you get the graphics and music from blogspot? Looks like you had a great party.

Heidikins said...

Nope...can't get that thru the blogger....I'm an internet junkie..I know all the in's and out's!!!