


Those are 3 pics from last weekend's storm. Obviously today is a different story. I'm writing this at 8:05 p.m. and it's currently 45* Pretty yuky riding behind the tractor on the pallett!!! But it was better than busting my rear end trying to walk down to the barn!!! I really need to get a digital camera. I left Santa a nice verbal hint just a bit ago!!!! I doubt he heard it.
Yesterday, I had 3 of my friends out for the day. We get together every year for our own little Christmas. This year it was my turn to have it. I've never hosted it and since I have more room (more than the dumpy trailer I had that is) I volunteered last year! Unfortunately, I was a bit under the weather though. I don't know what was wrong. I woke up at 4:30 in the morning w/ a headache which isn't anything uncommon. But when I got up for the day at 5:30, I just had that nausiated feeling. I got up anyhow...and got my table settings out and tidied up a little; decorated the bathroom w/ the winter stuff; turned on the crockpot of veggie soup and started simmering the chili again. I also had to make the chicken salad croissant sanniches...I had cooked the chicken breasts the night before. Let me tell ya........by 9:30, I seriously had to hurl. I actually turned OFF the stove because that chili smell was just about to send me to the throne! It was really weird. After that was off, I got to feeling better just a little...but not a lot. It came and went as the entire day went on. I managed to get everything put together. Ambrose left here around 11 and headed to Quincy....to do whatever it was that he did over there. He piddled and I would guess that maybe he shopped! My first guest, Karen, arrived shortly before noon. Then Mia came around 20 after and Chris came right after that!! We sat around and talked...then we {they} ate and we did our gift exchange. I did manage to get a tiny bowl of veggie soup down and 1 chicken salad croissant. I couldn't tolerate any more than that. I had all sorts of things too; BBQ little weiners, veggie pizza, chex mix, hot ham/peppercheese sanniches, chocolate eclairs....what a shame I couldn't eat. Oh well. I managed to get thru the day and that was the goal. My last guest left about 4:45. Am didn't get home until 5:30.......which totally surprised me. Of course, I had the kitchen almost completely put back together and cleaned up. What do you think he wanted???? something to eat! LOL men shall be men, huh? I did wake up this morning and felt fine. We watched tv and went to church and then just piddled around here. I helped feed the cattle this afternoon. Got to see the new baby. Oh..forgot to post that. Last Sunday, Am went to the cows (in the fresh foot of snow) and he found a new born calf. What a surprise. Evidently "Bitch" (that's her real name) got bred before Mac was put elsewhere. Am had no idea that she was even going to calve NOW. The calf is a boy. He looks just like the calves that cow has has for the past 2 years. The only difference is he's red....and he's a boy. Other than that....identical for the 3rd strait year. How weird is that?!?!?!? And she also is the first to calve the 3rd strait year. I took a picture.......6 weeks from now when the film is done and developed, I'll post it! lol
Have a great week



1 comment:
I LOVE your stories! You make me laugh out loud...then Dennis comes to see what's so funny. I'm just sure that Am found a digital camera while you were entertaining your little group. I want to see pictures of "Bitch" and the baby! Great pictures of the snow. And guess where I was this afternoon....Cold Stone Creamery. If I keep this up, I won't be able to get through the door!
Post a Comment