Well, today is Christmas Eve 2006 and that is just so hard to believe. Where has the year gone?
Seems like yesterday it was LAST Christmas!
Today, I've managed to make a batch of dipped pretzels, both chocolate and white ones. I even made them 'fancy' by drizzling the opposite color on them!!!!!! Have also whipped up a batch of home made noodles; they are currently rolled out and drying. I've also got some oatmeal cookies in the oven right now. Poor Ambrose was doing everything but BEGGING for them for the past 2 days! lol In fact, when I asked him what he wanted for lunch today, his response was "oatmeal cookies".....too funny. So, since I don't make those ever, I searched online for the simplest, easiest recipe it could provide. I do not like raisins in them; all my cookbooks called for molasses and or crisco - both of which I do not have and I'm trying not to go to town!!! SO..this one looked simple. And they are very tasty I might add!! I need to make a couple other things for tomorrow but I guess I'll have later tonight and in the morning. Right now, another thing that is going on is "the turkey is in the sink, thawing out"!!!
My mom is coming here for Christmas day. I'm going to make the turkey....and don't laugh at me, but I've never baked a turkey a day in my life. SO...if you will, image the scene from Christmas Vacation when Clark cuts open that beautiful looking turkey and it goes "poooooooof".....but while your thinking of that scene, cross your fingers that mine does NOT do that! LOL Oh well if it does; we'll have plent of other things.
OMG...as I sit here, a bird just SMACKED into the window right in front of me! LOL LOL Poor bird. And it's not that my windows are so clean that he didn't see it! he he
Anyhow, back to Christmas plans. Today I'm just baking and cooking and I really need to put the table back together with all the pretty stuff. I'm cooking steak and baked potatoes & salad for supper. I haven't even asked Am what he wants. We normally plan several weeks ahead what we're gonna have for Christmas Eve dinner. But this year, I'm just going to fix it and give it to him. I think I'll cook it a little earlier than usual. Christmas Eve service at church is at 7:00 and it seems like for the past 4 years, we've just got enough time to change and get ready for church just as soon as the last bite is devoured!!! *3 years ago tonight, we got engaged!!!!!
I still have a few gifts to wrap. I guess I better get that done, huh? I think I will go do that now since Am just went outside to piddle. One is his!! lol
Merry Christmas and may Santa bring you what you wished for........



1 comment:
I sure hope Santa brought that digital camera! If so, we'll be seeing pictures...please don't post any of Am's piddling activities on the porch! Oh...and how did the turkey come out? That bird you thought hit the window might have been your turkey telling you he's done. If I remember correctly I got my turkey recipe from YOU and it said put popcorn stuffing in the cavity and when the oven door blows open and the bird flies out, it's done.
We've so far had a wonderful Christmas in spite of Jake's absence. Naturally, we miss him, but have managed to enjoy family togetherness anyway. We'll be leaving to go to my mom and dad's house very soon.....and won't be home till pretty late. Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Post a Comment