Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Marcy's Last Day........................

Well-for the past 4 weeks, I have known that the day would come. Unfortunately, it really did. My supervisor & good friend, Marcy, submitted her resignation notice 4 weeks ago and would soon be leaving Intermet, our department and me! I am now the "lowly" one left of the good ol' HR girls :( I was just put into the department 2 and 1/2 years ago......and then Sheryl left - then Jo-Jo (she was layed off and went to 11-7) Then Bobbi - then Lisa....which left Marcy and I to do all those jobs. Now, it's up to me. I keep telling myself that I can do it....but heck - the last 2 couldn't and they'd been doing it for years. The only thing that bothers me (well...not the only...there's many things) is that I have never done the personnel part of HR before....only benefits and work comp. YIKES - now I have to deal w/ a lot of things. There is one piece of salvation though. His name is Mitch! lol He is the HR Manager at our Stevensville MI plant. Granted they have under 100 people - but at least he has several years of hr manager experience with our company....even though our policies in Missouri are different. He's a really nice guy.........but he's ummm kinda feminine. No kinda - he's real feminine acting.....but he is married. hehe He has a sense of humor and very nice to me so far - however - he is pretty straight forward in his wants. He already wants to change about everything we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't know the difference! Thank God - yesterday, he told me that he will go ahead and "reside" in Marcy's old office rather than "live with me" in my office. I think he finally got the hint that I was very unreceptive to that idea!!!!! It would just make me more nervous in not knowing what I'm doing! So I am glad of that. He will only be here like half of Mondays, all of Tuesdays and part of Wednesday's and then head back North.

Anyhow.....here's some pics from Marcy's last couple days as well as some from Lisa and Jack's last day. I miss my friends/co-workers who have left.................. I have become very very close to Marcy over the past 2 1/2 years.........not only as coworkers in the HR world but also on a personal side. I feel like she is part of the family and we have shared a lot of things over time. I'm really really going to miss her...........and yes, we will still talk on a daily basis via email, text and probably phone - so she can tell me what the heck to do!!! But it just won't be the same. It's never going to be the same there.......for several reasons.

Good Luck Marcy ---- I'm gonna miss you girlfriend. I'll have to go somewhere else to drop the f-bombs when they need to be dropped - because I can't drop them in Mitch's office! LOL Oh, and p.s. I didn't even cry............amazingly!


No comments: