Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas is over.....finally [LOL]

Sometimes...ya just gotta let out a sigh of relief that there are no more Christmas dinners, no more going here and there, no more gifts to wrap and so on. Don't get me wrong, I truly do enjoy getting together with everyone it's just that during this time it seems as though its day after day after day!!!! I know you're all in the same boat!!! Admit your feelings! LOL

I have had multiple little Christmas parties and gatherings to attend this year and it all started the Thursday after Thanksgiving so when Christmas Eve finally arrived, it was like Ahhhhhh!

Christmas Eve, Am and I spent by ourselves at home. I fixed a large pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. It was quite tasty I might add!!! Then we went to church at 7:00. My church has a very nice & Traditional service and we both enjoy it. After church, we rode around town for a bit looking at lights. That was pretty much our evening!!! Nothing too exciting! Christmas Day arrived, and as you saw by the main picture on my blog page - Santa came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom was coming to our house and since Am and I picked (most) of our gifts out, there wasn't much surprise to it...(but there were still a few of them) so we decided (no wait, IIIIIII decided) that we'll just open all our gifts when mom came. She came about 11 or so and we finished making our nice dinner. (Thanks again, Mom, for baking the turkey and bringing it!!) We had turkey, taters & gravy, green beans, cranberry salad, cauliflower/bacon salad, hot rolls and apple streussel cheesecake bars (and even I liked them and I am not a fan of cheesecake) We had more than enough I can tell ya!!! Then it was time for dishes and cleaning up - yuk! Once that was done, we dove into our gifts!!! Am and I actually did have a couple surprises for each other so that was nice to open something unknown!! Do you remember my little blurb on the Thanksgiving posting in regards to mom and my old baseball bat and the possums???? Well...... after that ordeal on Thanksgiving, we thought it would be rather "cute" if she were to get a ball bat for Christmas!!! SOOOO - - Am had one out in the garage, that is probably one of his brothers bats actually...so it's old and historic LOL. He cleaned it up Christmas morning and even wrapped it up himself!! Take a look for yourself!!! It was sooo funny to watch her open it up and after a couple of feels and a peel of some paper - she figured out what it was! She didn't take it as a JOKE GIFT...she was very happy to get it!!!! Now she can beat the tar out of some more possums instead of throwing large geodes!! LOL I decided to get Ambrose some new seat covers for his truck. The edge on the driver side is starting to wear and has a little hole in it. Well, anyhow - reason for me to invest in this is because he found 'ONE' for the driver side at Big Lots......but it's TAN! The interior of his truck is GRAY!!!! lol I think it looks attrocious, but as everything else for him - it didn't phase him one bit. So I decided to do a search on his truck year/model and found seat covers for actual Ford trucks!!!! I guess he was happy to get them - - - as he's actually showing a little emotion - WOW!!! {he really does smile and laugh...I just am not lucky enough to capture it on film very often!!!} I think he must like them!!!!!
Here I am - showing off my new slippers!
Actually.....I get a new pair of slippers each year and have for I can't tell you how many years now hahahahhaaha It's a little tradition. And if there ever comes a year that mom doesn't get me a new pair of slippers - there's a problem! lol
After we opened up our gifts, we ate dessert. We just had a very nice time talking and enjoying each others company!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!



Y
Yesterday, we went to Mom's to have Christmas with Lou Ann & Gerry and the boys. "the boys" are not little boys anymore.............man oh man. Hard to believe that they are all grown up, out of high school. In fact, Geoff is now out of college! I feel old!! We had a wonderful spread of food. As usual, my mom went overboard with cooking! We had the normal cookies/punch; veggies & dip, cheddar bacon dip and chips (and that stuff RULES THE WORLD I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), baked ham, homemade tater salad, chicken enchilada casserole, mexican corn, and candied apples. I might be leaving something out but I'm not sure! See what I mean about toooo much to eat! Lordy I'm so glad that I won't be eating so much (after New Years anyhow!!!) After I did up the dishes, we opened gifts. We weren't able to stay long due to the fact of the baby calf situation - - - We left at 8:05.

Then today, I met up with my friends - Chris, Karen & Mia at the Mexican restaurant here in MC and we ate and exchanged our gifts too. WHEWWWWWWWWWWW - Christmas is officially over!! LOL

I hope that each and everyone of my readers was able to have a wonderful Christmas holiday.

No comments: