Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Morning Walk

Good morning. I'm hot and sweaty believe it or not. I took my morning walk and decided to take my camera. Why??? Oh because whenever I don't have it I usually find something that I wish I'd taken a picture of! lol It's just bulky to walk with.

This morning, I decided to capture the process of the sun rise. They're not the best but some of you don't even know what it's like to see the sun get up! LOL LOL (most of you do though - that was targeted to a couple of people in particular!!!)
As I approach the highway - this is what the sky looked like. My normal walk 3.2 miles. It's 1.1 from the house to the edge of the highway (which I'm not TOO far from at this point) Then I cross the road and head up the way. This is Clyde. He lives up the road. He's a very very nice dog. He's a golden retriever as you can see. Funny thing is, his momma was a BEAGLE!! YES, a beagle!! Isn't that amazing! (mom, doesn't he resemble Benji? I think you should get a golden retriever)
By now, the sky has changed a LITTLE but not much.
It's a gradual change but sometimes, if you don't pay attention - you'll miss something. I had intended on capturing a photo of the sun just peeking over the horizon but I didn't seem to catch it.


OK...this is the "Ely" area on the train tracks...yeah, we live on the
tracks! This is my mid-way point.......Good thing nothing was coming, ey?


By now, the sun was starting to PEEK over the horizon but I was not in a good spot to capture it so I walked on and by the time I had a good shoot - THIS is what the end result was.

When I got home - stinky Rudy dog was in "bed" Yes, during the summer months, he likes to sleep IN this old chair. Good thing no one else likes the chair as it's definately only "fit for a dog".

That is all I have to report.......................thanks for reading.

*Mom returns to work today after 3 weeks - sure hope all goes well............

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good picture of the sunrise. I usually see it every morning.

Anonymous said...

As usual, your stories are very entertaining! Zach and Wyatt are here, and we all enjoyed hearing of Rudy's misadventure! Ha, and did you snap that picture of the skunk? Pretty brave, I'd say!
We also see the sun rise most every day, but we live in a valley, so we don't actually see it until it's pretty high in the sky. I LOVE dawn....my favorite time of the day!

Anonymous said...

Is Rudy a boy dog? If he is a boy dog, it sure is weird that he likes to lay in that "girlie" chair!
I know a Clyde, too, but he doesn't look at all like your neighbor Clyde.

Heidikins said...

lol Actually nooooo waaaay is that a camera shot of my own! Again, just like the lion king pics, it's a situation of "COPY/PASTE" from the internet!!!!!!!!! SO glad to finally see comments from you! I was beginning to think that you forgot about me!!!

And Zach - yes, Rudy is a boy dog! I'll have you know that the chair once was red!!! He likes that chair - girlie or not!!! :)
Thanks for the chuckle