Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's been 2 weeks I'm told.....

Well...Susie has been on vacation and now that she is back, she is down my throat because I have not posted for TWO WEEKS! Sorry..............

It's not that I haven't been online - that's for sure. Let's see....I left off at July 4th.
My mom had to have an "ICD" put in. She has a dangerous heartbeat so she had to get that put in. An ICD is a defibrillator/pacemaker unit. She's making a good recovery and is supposed to go back to work on the 30th - so she's home trying to be good and trying not to get bored!!!!
I have been busy canning green beans! So far, in only 2 days of canning, I have managed to put up 14 quarts and I have several more to go. Am's been picking beans before I get home so I have a bucket and a bag in the fridge. Uhhhhggggggg But they're worth the trouble in the dead of winter and you have green beans with a meal. I don't know how most of you can choke down those things called green beans from a can you buy at the store. It takes a complete makeover at my house to get them even 1/2 way edible!!!!

Well...let's see - what else. I have managed to take off an official 24 pounds now. woo hoo I told "the old gang" I go out on the town with...that when I hit the 30 pound mark, we'll celebrate. So only 6 more pounds for that. I've been walking 3-5 miles a day and also I go to a water aerobics class twice a week (weather cooperating). Twice it was called off because of storms and I see/hear that is the line up for Thursday again. Oh well. I'm still feeling the effects of Monday so that's ok. I took my walk this morning at 5:20 and it was already very very humid. Current temperature is 72* but it's WAY sticky. I noticed when I got back that my pink hibiscus is bloomed out. Only one bloom but thats ok. This stupid plant goes along the lines of the "supposed all pastel" tulips. When I bought the thing...the picture on the description tag revealed a WHITE bloom with pretty PINK STRIPES.
Ummmm - does this look like that to you??? I'm going to quite paying attention to labels because half the stuff I buy is NOT what it says!!

Monroe City mourns the loss of a young soldier this week. Specialist Robert Varga (24) was killed in Baghdad on Sunday. I personally did not know him, but his mother, Ceil and his father, Frank works at Intermet. Ceil works with Ambrose. He is having to take up a lot of her slack at work but he said he didn't mind....his words were "I'm not burying my son". The body is supposed to arrive in MC sometime later today. I'm shocked at that because the family was told 7-10 days. That sure is a long time to wait. I'm kind of expecting the funeral to maybe be on Saturday or Sunday. I don't think they are Catholic so it really could be Sunday. Anyhow....Intermet has been sad and our whole community has been very saddened as well. That is the 2nd soldier our town has lost in a few short years. :(

Speaking of this weekend - I am going to the Fabulous Fox in St. Louis and will be taking in THE LION KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom, Aunt Judy, Gabby and I are going! WOO HOOO and I can't wait. I can't tell you how many times I watched Lion King the movie. It's my most loved animated movie and that was who my cat, Nala, was named after!!! :) So I should have something cool to post after that!!!!

Well.....it's 6:57 so need to eat my cheerios really fast and get showered & ready for work. YUK


I hate work some days! Actually - it's just getting the motivation to get going. p.s. Susie....it took much longer than 5 minutes to post as you said it would.........

2 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

I'm SO glad to read your latest. Sorry to hear about the Varga family's loss. Your beans look great! I love green beans, but then, I also love peas and lima beans....LOL! Congratulations on your WW progress! You have really done well. Just remember....KEEP GOING after you make your goal. If you don't, you'll end up looking like ME! I am a lifetime member, because I made my goal years ago, but didn't check in once a month and I gained it all back and then some! Your hibiscus is pretty too. Our hibiscus blossoms are white, and I wanted the reds and bright pinks. Want to trade?

Anonymous said...

I am in BRANSON! We are on a mission here. Mom, Dad, Tyler and family were here, and the car quit on them. So we came with the trailer..towed our van to bring them home and will tow the car back. What an adventure!