
Wow.....how come humans get so attached to their pets? Something is wrong with my Nala. Yes, this is the same freak cat that bit the crap out of me this summer in the middle of the night (she was scared....) A few weeks ago, I kinda thought she wasn't herself. I say that because when she jumped up to sit on the air conditioner in the sun, she completely "misjudged" and fell off. Didn't think a whole lot about it; laughed at her and put her up there myself. Well.....as time goes on, it seems to me like I can feel too much of her back bone. I mean, I know it's there..but when you stroke her back, it's all you feel. I decided to weigh her last week and she's only 5 pounds. Never has been a large kitty but for sure more than 5 pounds. So I've been watching her a lot the past week. I've been giving her some Fancy Feast as some extra boost...she seems to like it. She "misjudged" jumping onto the bed twice....which is very odd....and seems lost sometimes and sleeps a LOT - which is a typical cat...so who knows. Well, this morning, she was fine. Went to the basement on two occasions...but about an hour ago, started walking like she's drunk. Of cours the thing I'm married too laughed really loud when I told him to look how she's walking....something's wrong. THAT MADE ME MAD. Anyhow....I am now watching her everymove, which isn't much. She tries to sit up some, but weaves back and forth and then lays down. Dang it. It's as if her back end doesn't want to work and I know thats not a good thing. Right now, she just sat up and is on her haunches. SHe's licking and I think she's debating on getting into her "basket" (the magazine basket, that I emptied, which she has made her bed the past couple of days. I got out her string....and she seemed very interested in playing....she still has spunk, but she just couldn't. I put her on my lap..and she just seemed out of sorts......very verbal, no purring and even a couple of growls...so I put her down. SHe managed to stagger in the dining room and plopped down by the computer. SO...here we go. Guess I'll be making a vet trip tomorrow. Does it seem insane to cancel my dentist appointment for a vet trip??? LOL
I'll keep you posted. You know I love this crazy cat.......and I've already been in tears once this morning.



1 comment:
This doesn't sound good. I hope it's something simple and fixable!
Post a Comment