OK.....call it cheesy; I simply call it maybe I am still in the newlywed mode sometimes!! 2 years ago right now as I type this........I was in my wedding dress, drinking wine and opening gifts
It's amazing how fast time flies! Yes, today is our wedding anniversary. We actually celebrated yesterday by going to Quincy for dinner. We ate at Sprouts Inn. YUM. I used to meet mom and dad there for their anniversaries (not every year but a lot of them) and so I decided that I wanted to there for ours. The food was wonderful. We got the Sunday special (turkey, dressing, noodles) and it was soooo good. Definately home cooked and not just warmed up pre-process crap. We were stuffed before we were done. After that, we went to K's to check out their going out of business sales. I don't really consider 10% much of a liquidation sale. Gold was 50% off but I really didn't look that close. Found a nice small computer desk that I like so I'm sure I'll be going back in a week or two!!!! Then we went to the Humane Society to get a replacement tag for the dog. Somehow, his has disappeared so we got another one w/ a new number. We watched the Cardinals win the NLDS after snacks at supper time. Yaaaay Cards!!
Today - when I got home - there was a fresh fall arrangemet of flowers on the table and a very nice card!!! Am got a card and a nice Mizzou windbreaker pullover! Wasn't sure what to get him and since he was sooooo excited on the Mizzou record, I couldn't resist!!!! We had supper tonight and then after I did dishes, I whipped up a fresh apple crisp!!! I used his mother's recipe. Decided since she's not here on earth to celebrate with us, the least I could do was make her apple crisp! It was delightful I must say. (Susie-did you recognize that word??LOL)
Anyhow....I set a tradition last year with the next part. I got out our unity candles (side candles and all) and set them on the table w/ my flowers, lit then, poured a very small amount of wine in the wine glasses, put some crisp on plates (and keep in mind it was piping hot from the oven) and topped it off with a scoop of "Carmel Crunch" ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I did good!!!! It was very very tasty, but why wouldn't it have been? I made it for God's sakes!
That sums up the evening!!! That's pretty much it!



1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! And may you enjoy many many more. Sounds like a simply delightful celebration! How quickly time passes! Of course, I am delighted that you have added such a delightful word to your vocabulary. I think it's a pretty good choice for the one word description.
Post a Comment