Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

WOW Wednesday...........

Well......I'll start this with a somber note. I've been in (email) contact w/ a good friend of mine who works 3-11 in the Palmyra plant. She has informed me that they have been freaking laying off LEFT AND RIGHT since 3:00 today. At last email (which came at 9:00 tonight) they had 4 more to report. She said that "they" (she and everyone who is coming to talk to her) have figured up that since 3:00, they have layed off 27, YES, 27 people tonight on the 3-11 shift only. Is that insane or what?????? My heart goes out to them........and I cringe each moment her emails come in. Sounds like that ship is sinking and really really fast. Dang..............................

Well.....off the sad crap.

How was everyone's Labor Day weekend? Summer is officially over in that aspect, but not on the calendar side! I ended up going to my mom's on Saturday morning. We went to Montrose to "Dave's Old Fashion Meat" and I loaded up on fresh meat for home. He has great stuff there; a little pricier than the store but so much better. Then we ate lunch; and then started pilfering thru things in the garage. We got several boxes of 'goods' washed, wrapped, boxed & labeled for a future date. Lots of things to go thru. SHe had wanted to go thru stuff last summer but it just never worked out for us. I was working boo-koo hours, then knee surgery and then winter was here. This "stuff" is stuff that my dad had in the garage. It'll be 25 years before we're done and have a sale (those were my mom's words). I think I believe her! lol
Sunday, we were heathens........ it rained in the late morning. She fixed me a breakfast of ham, scrambled eggs and toast and then we got back to the garage. The woman was on a mission!!!
We stopped for a late lunch and then back out for awhile. I ended up leaving there around 6:15.
Monday, Am and I just milled around the house in the morning and then went to Bethel MO that afternoon. "Why on Earth to Bethel?" you ask???? Wellllll, each year on Labor Day weekend, they have their annual sheepfest. We actually go up to watch the stock dogs do some working demonstrations. We watched some of the sheep sale too. THen it was "farm tour" on the way home. (farm tour is "road trip"....."long way home"........)
I fixed steak for supper (as I actually bought 2 NY Strips over the weekend), made a green bean casserole and baked potatoes. It was a good meal!
AMbrose took Tuesday and today off as vacation days. He's just been doing things around here. Mowing, caulking windows, painting, fixing fence, you know - man stuff.

Well....I know nothing else. At least nothing I can think of!
Have a good rest of the week. Keep your fingers cross for the remaining folks at Intermet.
It's getting serious.

*at least I can add my new job of Benefits Coordinator (Human Resources) to my resume*

1 comment:

Susie Schulte said...

Wow! I heard this morning on the news (91.7 FM) that there were more than 50 people without jobs due to lay offs at intermet. I tried to read the Herald Whig online, but you have to pay to do so! Our local papers have not mentioned it, so we don't know any more than what we hear from you and the little bit I caught on the radio just moments ago.
You should advertise for Dave's Meat Market...LOL! I was there yesterday getting our monthly supply of meat. Have you tried those jalepeno snack sticks? They're too hot for me, but they're a hit at the bus garage! Wyatt LOVES them!!! (Wyatt is our youngest grandson)
I was also glad to learn that the long way home is called "farm tour". I'm going to try that on Dennis to see if we can just take an enjoyable ride in the country.....maybe check out the farms in Wisconsin...hahaha!