Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wooly Worm Wednesday

I liked that title. I used it because it's now Wednesday (It's 6:29 a.m) and last night on our walk, I saw COUNTLESS wooly worms on the road an in the pasture. As I mentioned in an earlier post - they were very very dark. Few light colored ones. SO, we'll see what winter brings. According to the Farmer's Almanac - they're predicting colder and more snowfall than usual. However, the University of Missouri's weather division (I don't remember what they're called) has predicted normal temps and less than normal precipitation. That just goes to show that you and I could put in our predictions too and somewhere, someone would believe it! LOL

Not too much going on so far this week. Work has been busy. Am is still working 11 hours a day. Until that Hannibal plant is all cleaned out. I know a couple of other guys that are working on it from 6-6 are really getting tired. Bad thing is, they are "trashing" the plants here. Dragging crap in from Hannibal and just sitting it around where ever there's an empty spot. The toolroom looks like a dump! Today and tomorrow, there are going to be company wide (mandatory) meeting/assemblies. Hopefully, Eric and Dave will bring us all up to snuff and let us know just exactly what is going on and how things are looking for us. Not that it's good (as the ship is sinking) but hopefully he can answer some questions that people want. I know that people want to know when they are going to take the freeze off of our wages, which WOULD be nice, as Am and I both lost our annual raise this year and I didn't get jack ___ when they moved me to the HR department) Another question I know they'll ask, is when we'll start seeing "employer match" on our 401(k) contributions. That won't be decided until the end of the year. And I'll be involved somewhat with that. Lots of updating in the systems!! (yuk) Today's meetings are in Palmyra and we'll have ours in Monroe City tomorrow.

OK....I've totally bored you with WORK b.s. It's now 6:37 so I better hop in the shower and sort a load of clothes to throw in the washer.

Have a great day and watch the willy worms!!!!!! I imagine you're seeing a lot of dark ones too.

2 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

I've been seeing lots of the woolie worms too, but most of them are light. And about 90% of them are travelling west to east! Therefore, MY prediction is that Winter will arrive on our about December 21 to be followed by Christmas about 4 days later. We should see some snow, and also sunshine, wind, rain, and a short warm spell sometime between December and March. In the meantime, try very hard to not step on any woolies and keep the monarchs off the windshields and radiators!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are still updating your blog. I had thought that maybe Susie and I had lost the
the "Hays Post". Hope you keep it up. You may think it is boring but is nice to read about home. By the way the butterflies were very cool. Thanks!!!