"...So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in swaddeling clothes and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn..."
As I write this...it is 11:40 p.m. For many homes, Santa is delivering his goodies. For others, families are sitting together at a Christmas Eve service at a church. We went to my church tonight for that service. It was nice as always. Christmas Eve service is always my favorite. There is just something in the air. Right now, Ambrose is laying on the couch under his blanket watching Catholic Midnight Mass from St. Patrick's church in NY. We watch it every year. We'd watch the Pope too if he comes on before we go to bed...but since the lights are off already I'd say that's not going to happen.
The coolest thing happend on our way to town tonight. We were driving along and out of nowhere, (looking towards the West) was this big bright SLOW falling star!!!!!!!! It was not a "shooting" star...as it didn't go across the sky. It went straight down and it was just awesome. I wondered on the remaining way to town, if there was some kind of meaning. Probably not - it was just the irony of that falling star as we journied to go to church I guess. Still...it was just a very cool thing to see on a night like this.
I want to wish you all a wonderful Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all.



3 comments:
Merry Christmas to you as well! We received your text about the star. Pretty cool, I'd say.
We had a nice evening with "his" side, and now it's off to bed. Got to rest up for round two which starts in the morning with our kids, and then later to Mom's for the Nye celebration.
Hug each other (and your mom too) frim us! Merry Christmas.
oops! I meant FROM us, not frim!
Shoot.....I actually liked the FRIM better :)
Post a Comment