Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 10, 2008

USA! USA! USA!

When I hear that chant....first thing that comes to my mind is the 1980 WINTER Olympic games when the US played The Soviet Union in hockey. :) The Soviets had won 8 of the last 9 Olympic gold medals...and 4 in a row. They had not lost an olympic game since 1968. This was a critical game --- as they were known as THE BEST in the world. However on February 22, 1980 - that changed and WE, came out on top 4-3 and won the gold medal!!!! USA USA USA
Well THAT was the winter olympics...but as I started out saying --- it's what I always think of when I hear the USA chant! Last night - Michael Phelps took gold in swimming. He's awesome. I was a bit irritated, however, when they cut our National Anthem off short........pfffffttt whatever. We love the olympics....and the nice thing about being home during the day (on weekends anyhow) is that on dishnetwork broadcasts Olympic coverage on several channels!! So we flip around from each one checking out the different events!!!!

Well let's see. What's been going on.....same ol same ol. The weather for the past 3 days has been incredibly WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have had the air off and windows open since Thursday I think. As I put this posting together, it is a mere 77.9 degrees! IT'S AUGUST 10 and only 77.9 degrees????!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just hope and pray it's like this in 2 weeks. I am having my 20th class reunion. I'm kinda the one putting it together with the help of a couple other guys doing the leg work of getting stuff lined out at the golf course.....so I do hope it's nice and cool.....or at least NOT raining!!! There IS NO and will not be a plan B......... Hard to believe it was 20 years ago that I graduated from highschool....man oh man!!!

The lake level is down considerably but they still continue to have the gates open at the dam. The level at midnight was 623.37 which is more than 10 feet from a week ago.

Well.......I really can't think of anything else at the moment - if there was something I meant to write about --- it escapes me now!! haha

Have a good week and GO USA!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job. I too love the olympics.
Instead of getting my work done, I'm watching the olympics. Oh well...