Well...it's a benefit walk that serves 2 purposes. It's a "dog walk" (if you wish to bring your dog) for the P.A.W.S. group (Providing Animals With Shelter) and also it is for Cancer - namely breast cancer awareness - therefore "canines" and "cure". There were over 60 participants this year and last year there was 40....and although not everyone brought dogs to walk, there WERE several. Rudy and I went. Am helped load him in.....as he (Rudy, not Am) usually throws himself down on the ground, writhering when I try to put him in the car - but when Am is involved, he jumps right in!!!!! He even came to town to help get him in to go home but I don't think it would have been a problem this time.......he put his feet on the door before we got the door open so I'd day he was ready to go home!! It was HOT.....last year, it was overcast and almost chilly!!! NOT TODAY!!! Indian summer is here for a few days! The walk is pretty easy route - its' only 1 mile. I say "only"; to some that might seem like 10 miles, but to me it's nothing! It's 1.1 miles one way to the highway on MY walk! lol My friend, Diane, walked with me. We got a free bottle of water since we were "registered" to walk.

That was nice - After the walk, I took Rudy to the water they had for the dogs but he REFUSED to drink!!! I guess if you think about it.....drinking after "strangers" with all THEIR slobbers, wouldn't be too appealing to you either! LOL THAT is why I brought our own!! Am put some water in a thermos and I brought it and an empty ice cream pail (not like there are hundreds of those around this house) and he STILL refused to drink. Not sure why he was that way, but he was. We stood around listening to the raffle winners and the drawing winners but they never ever did say Heidi or Rudy Hays :( Ohhh welll I guess. While standing (for me..Rudy layed) under the edge of the little tent where the bake sale and soda was being sold (the only shade, mind you) - I "caught" these 2 dogs!!

The lady was purchasing her soda, and her 2 greyhounds decided to get into the tub of soda themselves........I found it extremely hilarious!!!!

Am thought her dogs were UGLY - but I found them very pretty and soooo soft. Greyhounds always appear to have real course hair but it isn't. They seemed like such sweet dogs - easy going and almost "sad" like.
As I mentioned, it seemed like Rudy was ready to go home. I'd say he was HOT and just wanted to get home and drink his OWN water! lol He wouldn't move over to sit on his side - which had the cover - so here he is!!!

What is even funnier, he completely refused to get OUT of the car when we got home. We are pretty sure that we know why....I had the a/c cranking in the car on the way home and I had most of it blowing on the dog. We figure he was nice and cool and didn't want to get out of it!! Funny!



2 comments:
LOL! Can't blame Rudy for wanting to stay in the A/C! It was hot, and humid! The only thing that kept it from being miserable was the nice breeze.
We were in Hannibal, and I thought of you...in fact, even thought about driving (north?) on that Veterans Road to MC, but the boys were worn out and needed to get home. You were in my thoughts though!
North??? LOL - MC would be WEST! And you should have - at least called me - I'm 15 minutes WEST of Hannibal! And Veterans Road would have gotten you to the highway - it's an outer road that would have taken you out by the hospital. Actually, I, too, was in Hannibal yesterday - from about 1 and got home at 4. Next time call to see where my location is!!
Yea....it was funny about Rudy. Maybe next time he will get in w/ no problem...maybe he'll remember it was nice and cool in there! hehe Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment