Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Only in Iowa...

......are there wooly worms right now!!!!!!! :) Susie had to dog me and "posted first" that she has seen wooly worms. I do tell.......that I mentioned it a month or so ago - but she had to be onery about it. I took my camera on my walk this afternoon....to take a picture so that Iiiiii could post a picture first (fully knowing she was in Ft. Madison with a bus full of band kids!!!) HOWEVER, there was NOT ONE SINGLE wooly worm on any part of the 3 miles I trudged!!!!!!

SOO...there!!!! :)

Miss Gracie had her front paws declawed and got spayed yesterday. She came home today before noon. I think her paws must really hurt as she limps a couple of steps and then sits. Poor baby, now I do feel bad but it'll be worth it in the end....no torn up furniture (by her that is..Molly has already destroyed what SHE wanted to tear up after we moved here) Anyhow, she's been basking in the window for quite awhile this afternoon.




First she was sleeping on the t-shirt I put in the window sill..........




I just checked on her a bit ago and she's moved out and is stretched out more!! lol It's kinda like checking on a kid - or at least that is how I am with her!!!!

I know you'll think this is
gross - but it's not! The actual
incision is TINY! I bet it's MAYBE
a 1/4" long....teeny!!!!
She'll be feeling better in a day or two. I know that Molly is kinda bent out of shape. She keeps smelling every square inch of this place. I'm sure she can smell the vet clinic or something.......and she is VERY unimpressed with the fact that there is shredded paper in the litter box. I told her that I was sorry but that was just the way it had to be FOR A WEEK.................which, truth be known - I'm very unimpressed as well! lol Gracie, however, has used the pan twice so she must know. I hope Molly uses it soon and that I don't find a "surprise" somewhere in this house!!!
Well...now that I grossed you out, I'm going to go cook supper!!!!
Watch out for the woolly worms..I'm sure that Susie will have one on HER page before the weekend is up!!!! The link to her sight is to the right of this posting.........

6 comments:

Susie Schulte said...

Any surprises in the house? Why shredded paper for a week? Is that better than the old kitty litter? They've certainly made spaying a much easier procedure. I remember when our girls (canines) were done, and they had big incisions.
It's a gorgeous morning here in Iowa, and BTW did you happen to see or hear about the IOWA game last night? Iowa shut out Syracuse! There were some really good plays, but it wasn't much of a game. I think the final score was 35 - 0. Iowa put in the second team for the fourth quarter. The Orange team just couldn't seem to get it together.
If you're not seeing the dark woollies, maybe winter is not coming to Missouri....LOL! Those woollies are deceivers! Don't believe them!

Heidikins said...

No - we didn't watch the Iowa game but I did keep track of the score. I have it as one of the teams to track on my yahoo sports page. We paid close attention to Missouri's game - listened to the whole thing and they won also! They score 5 touchdowns in 16 minutes! WOO HOO Not a shut out but they are now 2-0
We're going on October 20th...but Am does NOT know it yet!!! It's his anniversary present!!! I have the tickets locked up in a drawer at work!!!
Honey...I'm not seeing ANY woollies! I guess the few I saw in late July were impersonators!! I hope you're right about winter not coming to Missouri - that's an awesome thought!!!
How was the parade???? Did you see the wonderful Clark County Marching Indians?? (they are in white/red/gray)

Heidikins said...

oh.....and shredded paper - because her little paws have stitches in each toe because she was declawed. I guess to keep the nasty litter out of the wounds so she won't get infected. No surprises that I'm aware of. Molly must be holding it in...because there are NO "number 2's" in that box at all........uggghhhhhh

Anonymous said...

I'm just taking advantage of the hotel computer. We are staying close to the Kentucky Derby place...churchill downs? And we went right by their baseball stadium too...big city...very pretty from what we've seen.

Anonymous said...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Sparkie's a pistol
and she'll go OFF ON YOU!

Susie Schulte said...

Hey! What's NEW? I'm taking little Snowy (and Wyatt) to the sale Saturday and hope to get rid of the billy and get a nanny. BTW...the horse is gone. She left Tuesday evening. Dennis gave her to the neighbors, and even delivered her! But our little heifers (Millie and Annabelle) are glad she's gone.