Well, today was another scortcher, as I don't have to tell you. I think the humidity was the worse...and I was even inside all day. We do go to the park and eat our lunch on M, T, F though. At noon, there was a slight breeze, so sitting under the park pavillion wasn't THAT bad. Today was weird. I ended up being on the switchboard most of the afternoon. A lady called in to speak to her husband and she was crying and carrying on. I knew immediately that something terrible had happened. I later found out that her little brother (younger..he's 44) had died. He used to work at our place so I knew who he was. I'm not sure what happened. Sad, regardless.
We had LO lasagna for supper, along w/ our own sweet corn and our own tomatoes. For those of you who don't follow Sally & I's language, LO stands for LEFT OVER! :) Glad the lasani is gone, as I had too much salt in the cheese layer. I think I wrote my friend's recipe down wrong or she told me wrong. ANd speaking of recipe's ..... a friend of mine is getting me a recipe for "Taco Lasagna". Sounds WONDERFUL to me but I know Am won't like it. Guess I'll have to make it for mom!!!!! The "noodles" are flour tortillas. There's refried beans, the "taco meat mixture" and of course cheese all layered up. I think it would be awesome! I'll share it when I get it.
Am, Rudy and I took a walk to the barn after supper and then I picked a bucket of tomatoes. Some weren't QUITE ready but I picked them anyhow. I don't know much else. Just soaking up this nice cool air! I think I'm going to go take a cool shower to wash off the dried sweat and put on my jammies!!! Have a great weekend! Love to you all!



No comments:
Post a Comment