All I can say is SUMMER IS HERE.......when it's not raining! *therefore the new music about summer* We had more rain this week. The garden is producing quite well-->WEEDS that is! It's sooo muddy you can't do anything! I did manage to pick a FEW green beans early this morning. Enought for supper probably. BUT I don't have any ham to put in them. I am going to have to run to town for that. (figures) Everything else in the garden is yellowing so bad; we're afraid it's all dying.
Well....I haven't posted for several minutes....had some excitement on the farm LOL Am is moving some round hay bales (newly baled) out of the pasture to another area. He had to leave the gate open. (you know what I'm going to tell you I bet) I looked out several times watching for any activity but knew the 2 calves were in the shade. Umm he came bolting in for help. Lucky and Guy (going to our freezer) were out!! DUHHHHH YOU LEFT THE GATE OPEN HUN. I ran out....and they were RUNNING down our lane!!! CRAP!!!!!!!! He had a bucket and as soon as Lucky saw him, she came racing back. Then Guy did too. (he's the cripple that has a hard time getting around) SO I grabbed her tail and tried to get her back in...well she's too strong for that!! She led ME around!! (thru the garden....) so I went in and got the bottle and lured her in.
Guy, on the other hand went into trees. Of course. They are back in now though.
It's hot out. And from the looks of the map -- MORE STINKIN' RAIN is on the way......................
Enjoy your weekend.
p.s. We have had 11 (yes ELEVEN) inches of rain since June 24th...................now you see why we are a muddy mess????



2 comments:
Love the music. That chasing the cows and calves thing is something I really don't miss. I don't know how much rain I've had but not as much as you. I agree with the lovely crop of weeds. I'm going to have to mow the garden in spots before I can till it. It looks like my lawn. Of course I thought I'd be smart and fertilize the garden well earlly in the spring and it made everything grow huge...especially the grass and weeds.
Cows have built in sensors that alert them to an open gate! However, those sensors don't work when they are out. LOL! I know how much fun it is to round up loose animals.
We have hay down (Gimpy mowed Monday) and plan to bale on Thursday. Glad Am got his up.
Post a Comment