Music for my Mom's listening pleasure :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sky watchin' again!!!

The International Space Station Pays A Visit

Visible passes of the International Space Station the last few eveings spawned a number of calls to our newsroom & the weather center. Due to the size of the station and additional solar panels, it is one of the brightest visible satellites after sunset & before sunrise. Tonight, the ISS will be visible from 8:49PM to 8:54PM as it moves from northwest to southeast. It will appear to pass almost overhead but skewed a bit south. Hopefully the sky will cooperate!

OK.......Did anyone happen to catch this???? I just happened to check my emails shortly before 9. One of them was my daily evening email from WGEM weather central and the above information was at the bottom. I looked at the clock and it was 8:50....I told Am to get his shoes on and let's go outside and see if we can see it. We stepped out on the steps and in the direct NW........THERE IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!! It was headed right towards our direction just like they said it would! It went pretty much overhead. Pretty cool!!! We stood there looking up and watching it pass over until we could see it no more!!! When we came in, I made sure to check the clock again....it was exactly 8:54. Talk about "right on target" Good thing I read my emails!!!!! You know me and watching stars and anything else that is "out of the ordinary" in the sky!!!! Am said, "wouldn't that be the sh*ts if it blew up about now" LOL we have warped minds!!
OK, that is all. Just wanted to see if any of you caught this like we did. (He said that they talked about it some on the news....I was not here)

1 comment:

Susie Schulte said...

Well...we missed it. We went to the Annual Farm Bureau picnic. If we'd have looked at the sky, we might have seen it, but we were under a big tent at the Lee County fairgrounds listening to the "Hissem Family Campfire Band". Glad you caught it though!