Happy Easter everyone! We had a nice day. My mom came down and we went to church and then back here. Am grilled his infamous chicken breasts (I had them marinating for about 24 hours in Italian dressing) He does a great job!! And the trimmings were salad, baked potatoe, pasta salad (a weight watchers recipe), devilled eggs (made with fat free miracle whip), green beans, apple salad (also made with fat free miracle whip), cut up melon and dessert. Mom brought a very fat cake...lol...and I made one that is a weight watcher recipe - it's VERY good I must add...so if you want the recipe, let me know. We ate a lot, but at least most of it was good for ya!! I might regret weighing in on Tuesday though!! HA
Then we just hung around for the afternoon. It was too cold to do anything outside still. I'll be glad when this cold spell is over.
I just wanted to make a quick update on the tulip saga!!! I cut them the other night, and brought them in the house and put in vases (thanks to the suggestion by my wonderful mother!!) I have to admit that they are very pretty...BUT ALSO.....that some of them that were not even close to opening, have since done so, and they are WHITE with PINK EDGES!!!!!!!SOOOOOO, that means that there WERE more than just the one peach colored pastel!!! LOL For those of you who think that whole pastel/red story is a hoot and you just don't have the guts to tell me how funny you think it is {like Susie did}.......just remember, payback time will seek you when you least expect it! :)
Have a great week!!!



1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great day! I'm so happy that your tulips turned out more what you'd expected. I didn't realize you were doing Weight Watchers! I think you might want to consider changing the "better to throw it up than throw it out" to "once on the lips, forever on the hips" or some such thing....LOL!!!
By the way....the reason I answered you in my comments that one time was so that if anyone else thought the way you thought, I'd be clarifying it to any who might be reading the blog....(all three or four people who read it) LOL!!!
Have a GREAT week! I sure hope it gets warmer!
Post a Comment